Wednesday, June 13, 2007

VISA - AND NOT THE CREDIT CARD

I'm ashamed to admit that, although I've known of this trip for nearly two months, I just renewed my passport two weeks ago. My diligent intern spent three hours waiting to pick it up at the passport building in Tribeca. And I just received my visas for Belarus and Russia today. For the record, that is not entirely my fault. The Russians arbirtrarily decided that it was some holiday and closed the embassy for FOUR days! Armed with visas, it looks like the Marlboros won't be necessary, although I'm still convinced they will come in handy and plan on buying a carton on the cheap at the duty-free store on the way to Prague.

I leave in less than 48 hours, haven't packed a thing and have a sink full of dirty dishes. There's nothing like the last minute for motivation.

Tonight is my last night with Millie. I'm going to miss that little furball something fierce.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home