Sunday, June 3, 2007

I hate the idea of doing special shopping for this trip, but the truth of the matter is that I do need a few new things. My summer wardrobe consists of ratty tees and the same pair of cargo pants. It works for weekend trips to the diner and bookstore, but this summer I'll be traveling in a car for two weeks, while simultaneously working. I need portable, comfortable clothing for running around town and getting in and out of cars all day, but I also need to be comfortable. Here's what I bought today.

THE SNEAKS
Nothing screams stupid American than running shoes. It's a dead giveaway. I found these terrific shoes at the Puma Store in NYC's Union Square - a perfect combination of ballet flat and sneaker, perfect for jeans, skirts, cargo pants, etc.

THE PANTS
I would never wear sweat pants, but I live in jeans. And while I'll certainly pack them for the road, they're not the best option for super hot days. They're also really heavy and take up a lot of space, and I'll need every iota of room in the ONE duffel bag that I'm allowed to bring on the road. These Columbia cargo pants, purchased at Parragon sports, are nearly weightless and I'm sure will be a staple on the road. I got them in khaki and navy.

THE TANK
The Old Navy Perfect Fit tank top. Multiple colors. A summer staple. Enough said.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home